Just like for my going to Azay-le-rideau, there was a specific, important reason for my going to Chartres Cathedral as well.
Right after I had posted here a few days ago the notes written at the time of that massive experience there, a faint memory suddenly started being felt in me, of exactly why I had gone to Chartres to start with: the faint memory re-surfacing was of a very special afternoon I had spent, in Auroville itself, with an Aurovilian lady from England, then in her sixties, and gifted since childhood with the ability to receive information from objects she would concentrate upon inwardly while holding them in her hand. It’s called psychometry.
Once again, keeping diaries served me well… Hardly fifteen minutes after the re-surfacing of that memory and going upstairs to look for the right diary, I was back from my room with the volume for the needed year, and sitting comfortably on my low chair in my tiny ‘research-office’ downstairs, I began reading my notes of Thursday August 13th, 1998; my apologies to my French-speaking visitors, those notes were scribbled down in English because that was the language this British lady and me used for communicating, so this new post will be in English, hopefully I’ll be able to translate it soon:
‘Yesterday afternoon I had an appointment with J. for a PAST LIFE REVIEW. She is clairvoyant, and many people in Auroville have gone to meet her, and her work is very appreciated. I don’t know her at all; after much reluctance, I finally decided to give it a try…
While holding (with her eyes closed) the gold ring I always wear, she started seeing things innumerable; first of all about my present life and my present state, described thus:
– A snake standing all the way up, with its hood unfolded over my crown-head chakra…!
“Full kundalini open!”, she said with astonishment. “Are you aware that it is so?… Do you feel it?… I have never seen it fully open like that, including the hood!!!” (Oh, this must be what happened to me on November 18, 1973 when Mother left her body, I thought, flabbergasted).
– An aura of beautiful colors; love, a lot, and… and an extremely good mental power, not utilized and expressed enough;
– Extremely rich diversity of elements gained during innumerable past lives, everywhere, in every possible kind of situation, going way back in time: “As far as I (J.) can look in the past, you (Bhaga) are there too. A very old soul, having come in this life to make use of all this, as the final stage of a first long phase, which will open on some new phase in a tremendously beautiful Unknown which I (J.) can hardly conceive of.”
Then she started going more into the detail of those past lives, and from now on “I” in these notes will mean me, Bhaga, reporting what she was saying:
– In this life of now I have met an Avatar, but it is not the first time I met one: I was a monk at the time of Buddha, one of his companions, and among those who didn’t lose courage when he left his body, but went on going about the country, blessing people with their presence and the land with their feet as they walked (something I often have the feeling of doing in this lifetime too);
– Again, a monk, in Tibet, long back: a very young boy, sitting patiently at the gates of Lhassa’s monastery, with just his bowl of food and some water (and nothing left then after that), waiting to be allowed to go inside and become a monk. After three days, the big gates open finally just before midday and I am taken inside, and as the doors close behind me, I know that this is really my place;
– I have been part of every possible religion, not just Buddhism. CHARTRES is a place where I should absolutely go. I was among the initiates there long back when Joseph of Arimatheia, Jesus’ uncle, stopped on his way back to Palestine (after he had founded Glastonbury in England) when he could bear the fact of Jesus’s departure. Joseph died and was buried there in the crypt, and an occult protection was put around that crypt at that time by the initiates, among whom I was. Several times people have tried, but the crypt has never been opened. On the floor of the church above is a spiraling pattern leading to the Centre – just above the tomb in the crypt below. Extremely powerful spot (J. and her husband had to hold on each other!) which I should place myself upon whenever I will get the chance to go there. It has been a life of special importance inwardly, although in a different way than during the lives as a Buddhist monk.
– In Ancient Egypt: As a slave (a woman this time) coming from the Hebrew people, captive with my husband since early childhood. In that life I have prayed and vowed that if I ever have power and money, I will use it to give a decent life to the people who serve me.
– In Old China, as the wife of, if not a King, at least a very, very, very rich and powerful nobleman. We loved each other dearly, and I was very compassionate and caring for the slaves, servants, peasants around us and on our vast lands. Almost like a family feeling. In that life I was given a chance to fulfill my prayer and vow of the Ancient Egypt time, and I did fulfill it beautifully. And that deep caring for others on the material level is still part of what I brought into this life now (quite correct, I’d like to add here).
Two lives (at least) as a Priestess:
– In Ancient Egypt: I was a very knowledgeable and very sincere, benevolent priestess, who was in charge of teaching young ‘novices’; one of them, particularly cherished, was with me, almost a little girl yet, and I was affectionately teaching her how to protect herself from hostile attacks. When J. described that scene she was seeing, I felt instantly that the novice was my present Aurovilian friend C. at that time.
– In Ancient Rome: a Vestal Priestess during the reign of Caligula (“oh! I don’t like this. It’s so dark!” exclaims J. softly, frowning). Given to the temple already as a child, at fifteen I had to have sex with a rich man so that he would give money for the temple etc. I didn’t accept this sad and painful experience as something true, ordered by the gods and pleasing them, but secretly I started questioning the truth of the gods, and trusting more my own feeling of Truth, from within. So even at seventeen, when I had become a priestess, I refused to do this kind of ‘sex-duty’ again, so I was faced with anger from the other priestesses, who tried to bend me into submission, then the priests, then Caligula himself, who raped me, tortured me and had me quartered as an example to others that obedience was best. I still have in me that sense of duty and trust only in my own inner Truth – not necessarily even in connection with any deity or religion (and also in this lifetime it has put me into trouble – of a lesser kind, though! – outwardly again and again, even in Auroville, I would say… And I keep revolting totally and instantaneously against any attempt to coerce me into doing something contrary to my inner Truth: I run out in tears and mad anger, while the other person(s) wonder what’s the problem with me!
Further general comments by J. about the overall results of all those lifetimes:
– Celibacy (voluntary or involuntary) as well as marital happiness, sexual torture, I have experienced many lives of totally different situations and attitudes towards sex (including lives as a courtesan, I am sure, I said to J. afterwards, and she confirmed it); and now in this life all that is there in me to be integrated and lived AS ONE TRUTH with all its apparent contradictions.
– The need of solitude and the need to be with people and have companionship are in the same way both with me now, again to be used with the right balance.
J. doesn’t know anything about my personality in this lifetime, except the appearances which are for everyone to see, but which, she discovered and told me almost immediately during this session, “hide another and very different Bhaga” with a very large aura and deep complexity and richness of being. But, she added later, people on a subconscious level are often aware of something very special about me… which scares them away, when they don’t get angry at me for being different from them and actually more evolved than them inwardly. Hence, not an easy relationship with people, and a life of inner solitude until now. But this life is extremely important, when the lessons learned and the abilities acquired during all these other lives must come together and be put to use for an integrated, harmonious and complete manifestation of what I truly am, in preparation for whatever stupendous further development is still to come.”
All right, this is what the Past Lives Review told me about myself as seen in the vast, dynamic perspective of the huge Game of Evolution on Planet Earth I got myself into at some point, apparently quite a long time ago. I listened and sometimes felt like a faint echo within my being, of whatever lifetime was being described to me; but nothing like the extreme vividness and acute sense of reality that my own ‘Far Memories’ had had when I re-lived a moment of a few of them.
Of which use can all that was said to me be for those other human beings now reading these lines? It can be of use for them to realize that I am but a good sampling of what many, many of us are, who are presently alive upon the Earth: this kind of very diversified background and experience of Life, and the inner maturity it gives, are there in the same way in a multitude of other ‘old souls’ everywhere, now getting ready for the Next Step in terrestrial Evolution, and at last, as promised from the start, the real transformation of our individual beings as well as of terrestrial Life as a whole.
This blog is just the Mirror I try to hold in front of all of you so that you start recognizing yourself in it too, or rather your Self, eternally growing along with mine and That of everyone else in the Oneness we are all part of since ever, for ever…