It is true, as NDEr Nanci Danison says (see my previous post), that more numerous conscious people are needed to tell others about what they really are – Light Beings, Souls, Spirits, whatever name you want to give them – and why they are here on Earth in these human bodies. This is exactly why, as she rightly mentions, in these times of Humanity’s awakening, more and more people access that knowledge, one way or another (NDEs being one of those ways), and in turn tell it to interested others.
It is not quite true though that, as Nanci Danison believes, Truth hasn’t been given to human beings before. It has been. Only, relatively few human beings have been reached by the more conscious beings, or their writings, that were telling that Truth already before. But some have been reached, and their life has been changed for ever!
In my own case, for example, what Nanci discovered only in 1994, through her NDE, I discovered already in 1971 through the writings of Sri Aurobindo, that literally came to me when I was still a young teacher, but for whom it had become a question of life or death to discover the true meaning of Life: the usual meanings given to Life by all the religions and other creeds I knew of were for me totally absurd and unsatisfactory, so I didn’t want to live any more if the knowledge wasn’t given to me of the true meaning and purpose of this physical world, and of the true reason why we all found ourselves here. I was so adamant I put an ultimatum to God to comply, or I simply was going to quit.
To my utter happiness and satisfaction, ‘God’ did comply (!!!), and very obligingly sent me right at my doorstep someone bringing me ‘The Life Divine’ by Sri Aurobindo – the first few lines of which (I immediately started reading, still standing) gave me instantly the Key, the full understanding of everything at once, in one huge flash of illuminating Truth.
Later on, some very short but very arresting texts by the same Sri Aurobindo confirmed the understanding that intuitively had become quite clear to me, concerning particularly the nature of ‘God’, the Divine, the One Being within Whose Existence, Consciousness and Bliss that whole Story was unfolding, enacted by ‘God’ Itself in human or other form, as a kind of eternal Adventure of Exploration into the countless Possibles potentially there in its own Being.
From Sri Aurobindo’s ‘Thoughts and Aphorisms’, written some time in 1913 (a full century ago…):
65. Because God is invincibly great, He can afford to be weak; because He is immutably pure, He can indulge with impunity in sin; He knows eternally all delight, therefore He tastes also the delight of pain; He is inalienably wise, therefore He has not debarred Himself from folly.
79. God is infinite Possibility. Therefore Truth is never at rest; therefore, also, Error is justified of her children.
80. To listen to some devout people, one would imagine that God never laughs; Heine was nearer the mark when he found in Him the divine Aristophanes.
81. God’s laughter is sometimes very coarse and unfit for polite ears; He is not satisfied with being Molière, He must needs also be Aristophanes and Rabelais.
82. If men took life less seriously, they could very soon make it more perfect.
God never takes His works seriously; therefore one looks out on this wonderful Universe.
97. When thou affirmest thy soul-experience and deniest the different soul-experience of another, know that God is making a fool of thee. Dost thou not hear His self-delighted laughter behind thy soul’s curtains?
Only not to shock too much his readers was Sri Aurobindo still using the word ‘God’, and ‘He’, for the Divine, instead of the He/She/It that he was of course perfectly aware of.
Also the fact that Time and Space as we experience them do not really exist was expressed there (and in other texts) quite clearly:
101. In God’s sight there is no near or distant, no present, past or future.
These things are only a convenient perspective for His world-picture.
102. To the senses it is always true that the sun moves round the earth; this is false to the reason. To the reason it is always true that the earth moves round the sun; this is false to the supreme vision. Neither earth moves nor sun; there is only a change in the relation of sun-consciousness and earth-consciousness.
My mind had a hard time following the rapid, non-stop growth of my consciousness into vaster and vaster vistas of Reality that my mind’s limited rationality wasn’t able to comprehend at first, but knew it would have to, somehow. at some point, in order to take it all into its new, overwhelmingly enormous, ever growing Big Picture.
Whenever I had a question, I would simply ask inwardly the Divine, and wait for the answer to come, through whatever means the Divine would choose to communicate it to me.
By that time I had moved to Auroville, India, so as to be part of that collective experiment dedicated to Conscious Evolution, rather than to remain a part of a society entrenched in its own habits and suspicious of any radical change, like the society I had until then lived in.
Here too, my obstinate questions went on; I finally asked the Divine pointblank the last really important one I still had:
Whether we were all caught into this gigantic dreadful treadmill out of our own choice, or not – for I knew within me that it HAD to be out of our own choice, or I could never forgive the Divine for such a cruel Game, that was not amusing for us at all; the fact that at least it was an evolutive Game, and that the next step starting now would free us at last, was no doubt a good indication that the Divine wasn’t cruel at all, and was truly loving us; but all the same, if this whole thing was imposed on us by the Divine’s whim, then inevitably I just would have to quit – to leave such a Life would be the only honorable choice left to a soul with any sense of dignity and self-esteem, I felt. So it was for me a momentous question indeed.
The answer I got came straight through several more texts by Sri Aurobindo that I found in several books of his, saying all the same thing in different ways; the one I will provide in this blog now will constitute my next post.